Staff > Dr. Sarah
Dr. Sarah Catherine Boye
English Language and Communication Skills Programme Leader
English, Assistant Professor
Office 3, 3rd floor, Language Centre / University Technology Hub (UTH) building firstname.lastname@example.org +673 2463001 ext. 2545
- M.A. (honours), University of Glasgow 2002
- P.G.C.E., University of Sheffield, 2004
- Ph.D, University of Munich LMU, 2015
- English for Academic Purposes
- Intercultural Education
- Communication Skills
- EMI in ESL contexts
- Intercultural Education
- Pronunciation Teaching
- History of Language Education
- Sarah Boye: Intercultural Communicative Competence and Short Stays Abroad: Perceptions of Development. Muenster: Waxmann. 2016.
- Sarah Clemitshaw: Pocket Biographies. Munich: Langenscheidt. 2007.
- Sarah Boye (lead author): Makes our head hurt: School-aged learners’ perceptions of the language classroom. Forthcoming.
- Sarah Boye (co-author): Teachers and school-aged learners: do they inhabit the same world? Forthcoming. Lead author: Andrew Littlejohn.
- Sarah Boye (co-author): Issues in researching learners’ perceptions: the use of repertory grid technique. Forthcoming. Lead author: Ishamina Athirah Gardiner.
- Sarah Boye: The implications of growing student mobility on European higher education students’ intercultural communicative competence. Bulletin of T.H. Shevchenko Chernihiv National Pedagogical University, 131. 16-19. 2015.
- Sarah Boye. Diagnostic Tool and Miracle Cure? The Potential of Tongue Twisters in Pronunciation Instruction.Living Language Teaching: Lehrwerke und Unterrichtsmaterialien im Fremdsprachenunterricht. Tubeingen, Germany. 2019.
- Sarah Boye, Ishaminah Gardiner, Sallimah Salleh, Norashikin Yusof. English teacher preparation in Brunei Darussalam: An overview of the Master of Teaching programme from multiple perspectives. English Language Teacher Preparation in Asia: Policy, Research and Practice. Singapore: Routledge. 2018.
- Sarah Boye & Michael Byram. Language Awareness and the Acquisition of Intercultural Communicative Competence. The Routledge Handbook of Language Awareness. London: Routledge. 2018
- Sarah Boye: Innovations in Pronunciation Instruction for SE Asian Learners of English as a Foreign Language. ESEA 20 (English in Southeast Asia). Singapore. December 2019.
- Sarah Boye: The role of intercultural communicative competence in the experience of mobile HE students during stays abroad in Asia. International Conference on Internationalisation of Higher Education in Hanoi and Ha Long, Vietnam. November 2019.
- Sarah Boye: The role of attitudes in the development of intercultural communicative competence. TEFL7. Lisbon, Portugal. November 2018.
- Sarah Boye: Intercultural Communicative Competence and perceptions of development on short stays abroad. IALIC (International Association of Language and Intercultural Communication) Aveiro, Portugal. November 2014.
- Sarah Boye: Short stays abroad and the development of Intercultural Communicative Competence: preliminary findings from a mixed methods study. IATEFL (International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language) Liverpool, UK. April 2013.